1. IMPRESSIVE ACHIEVEMENT UNDER RKVYM INRESPECT OF FISHERIES DEPARTMENT, GOVT. OF MIZORAM 2011-2020
2. Achievement Made Under RKVY in the Last 5 (Five) years (2011-2016)
2011 – 2012:
- Creation & Development of new ponds covering W.S.A of 16 Ha. under private sector.
- Construction of fingerling rearing area covering 4.0 Ha under private sector
- Organized training of fish farmers covering 300 nos of farmers covering Champhai, Serchhip, Aizawl and Lunglei Districts in the state of Mizoram
2012 – 2013:
- Construction of new ponds covering W.S.A of 40 Ha. under private sector
- Construction of fingerling rearing area covering 42 Ha under private sector
- Training of farmers involving 2000 farmers for the entire state of Mizoram covering 8(eight) Districts.
- Distributed 361 lakh nos of fish seeds to the fish farmers.
- Supplied 50 nos of aerator to leading/progressive fish farmers.
- Established fish feed mill having capacity of 200 kg per day at Bilkhawthlir, Lengpui, Saitual, Lunglei and 2MT per day capacity at Kolasib.
- Constructed godown at Aizawl, Kolasib, Serchhip and Champhai for stocking inputs like fish feed, lime etc.
- Construction of Training Center and Matsya Mitra Center at Kolasib.
- Construction of 48 cages at Serlui ‘B’ reservoir.
- Construction of landing center at Serlui ‘B’
- Construction of Fish seed hatchery at Mat phai, Serchhip District on PPP basis.
- Established Post Harvest Infrastructure like Ice Plant at Serchhip and purchase of 2 nos of Insulated Van.
2013 – 2014:
- Distributed 230 lakh nos of fish seeds to the farmers.
- Construction of 48 cages at Serlui B reservoir.
- Training of 1000 nos of fish farmers covering 8(eight) Districts.
2014 – 2015:
- Construction of 14ha of new fingerlings areas under private sector.
- Training of 1200 nos of fish farmers covering 8(eight) Districts of the state of Mizoram.
- Training cum Exposure visit at Lengpui Fish Seed Farm and Tripura state for 25 nos of fish farmers
- Distributed 217 lakhs nos of fingerlings to fish farmers covering 8 Districts.
- Purchase 200 MT of lime for sale to farmers at 75% subsidized rate.
- Purchase 150 MT of pelleted fish feed for sale to farmers at 75% subsidized rate.
- Transfer of Rs.230.00 lakhs to ZOFISFED for development of infrastructure and assets in Mamit District viz New ponds construction, 1st year input, cosnstruction of fingerling rearing areas and construction of feed mill plant, etc.
- Construction of District level Training Center at Mamit and Serchhip.
- Construction of 1 unit of District level godown at Mamit.
- Purchase nets and gears (hand net, drag net, happa etc) for sale at 75% subsidized to the farmers.
- Construction of Feed Mill Plant 2MT per day capacity at Champhai District.
- Incentive to 38 YMA Branches @ Rs.40,000 for conservation of riverine fisheries.
- Purchase of PVC pipes for construction of fish ponds.
- Renovation of 60 ha existing pond suffering damage due to incessant rainfall.
2015 – 2016:
- Distributed 201.8725 lakhs nos. of fish seeds to the farmers covering 1300 Ha.
- Procured 2000 quintals of fish feeds for selling to the farmers at 75% subsidized rate.
- Established 2 nos. of Matsya Mitra Centre, 1 each at Champhai and Serchhip (works in progress)